“Anything is possible. Anything can be.” ~ Shel Silverstein
Dear Parents and Students,Fifth grade students will take Sage tests this week beginning on April 23rd through May 4th. Math Sage Tests will be given on April 23rd and 25th and students will take Science Sage Tests April 30 and May 2nd.
Please have those dates on the calendar to minimize being tardy, or/and absent on those dates. Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own headphones for testing dates. Thank you for encouraging your child to do his/her best, to finish our last quarter strong!
Please make sure that your child:
- Goes to bed early and is well rested
- Eats a good breakfast.
- Packs a healthy snack/and water.
- Has a positive, “I can-do-anything” attitude!
- Comes prepared to do his/her best!
- Arrives to school on time.
VOLUNTEER FIELD TRIP CHAPERONS
- Thank you for those who are willing and are able to chaperon for our upcoming field trip on May 14.
- Please check with Mrs. Resin for a background check at least one week prior to the field trip (May 7).
- We need ONE more volunteers for our homeroom. If you are interested in being a chaperon, please contact me via email. Each parent needs to have a back ground check done in our front office and it can take up to 3 days before the results are in.
ASPIREPlease continue to check Aspire Gradebook weekly, and as regularly as possible with your child, to teach them to be responsible, and to take ownership of their learning.
The ASPIRE website is: http://ogdenprep.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
Login Information:Username: Student ID
Password: Eagle + Student ID
MathStudents will have Math Sage this week on April 23 and 25.
SCIENCEWe are reviewing five science units: Earth's Crust, Matter, Magnetism, Electricity, and Heredity. Please practice vocabulary words and concepts cards at home. Below are the links for concept cards and vocabulary words for each unit:
Earth's Crust Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/154980132/chiang-earths-crust-unit-concept-cards-flash-cards/
Earth's Crust Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/154951722/opa-chiang-earth-crust-unit-flash-cards/alphabetical
Matter Concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2ky517
Matter Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_2kwlwu
Electricity concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2uhod6
Electricity vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2ugxjo
Magnetism concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2q1dmy
Magnetism Vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2q0xuy
Heredity Concept Cards: https://quizlet.com/_32xh8s
Heredity Vocabulary Words: https://quizlet.com/_32xeyh
REMINDERSApril 23, 25 Math Sage Testing
April 30, May 2 Science Sage Testing
April 30-May 4 Book Fair @Elementary Library
May 4 Minimum Day
May 7-11 Sage Testing Make-Up Week
May 14 Capitol and Leonardo Center
May 22 Maturation @9:00-10:00 a.m. (Boys); @10:15-11:00 a.m. (Girls) in the elementary library
May 24 Minimum Day
May 25 Minimum Day-Last Day of School