"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Dear Parents/Guardians,Please continue to check your child's planner DAILY and Aspire gradebook WEEKLY. Students are expected to be prepared and put forth their best effort in classroom work. Students are required to complete any unfinished classroom work as homework. Homework is always due the next school day and any late work or incomplete assignments will not receive a full credit.
- Students who are absent are responsible to make up any missing assignments as stated in the Disclosure Statement.
- Students have been given MULTIPLE opportunities to make up their work during math time on a weekly basis and they are also allowed to RETAKE quizzes/tests during lunchtime and any day after school except Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- In addition, students also have opportunities to make up their work monthly during Aguilas of Excellence, to improve their grade.
Please review above expectations with your child and continue encouraging them to be PROACTIVE and RESPONSIBLE, and to become a better learner.
AspireASPIRE website is: http://ogdenprep.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
Login Information:Username: Student ID
Password: Eagles+School ID (Example: Eagles43653449)
MathWe will continue to learn about the Order of Operations (PEMDAS) and to practice solving math expressions individually and with a partner.
Online Practice (Math Skills)The IXL LEARNING website has a list of all of the math skills students will learn in fifth grade. Math skills are organized into categories that your child can practice at home. The questions will automatically increase in difficulty as your child improves. Click the link below to practice Math skills with your child: https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-5
WIGSWidely Important Goals (WIGs) for 5th Graders is focused on Division Facts this quarter. Our goal is that 80% of 5th grade students will achieve at least 80%, or better on their division facts. This week, students will have Division Facts Quizzes on 7s and 8s. Please practice and study with your child at home.
Please continue to practice multiplication facts with your child at home. You can check out 5th grade Math Resources, or go to: https://quizlet.com/_2lbmqa
We are starting a new science unit on Magnetism. This week students will investigate and compare the behavior of magnetism using magnets, and understand how magnets both attract and repel other magnets. Below is this week's vocabulary words on Magnetism LINC#1.
- magnetic field an area around a magnetic material
- magnetic force the force between magnetic poles, producing magnetization
- attract to cause to draw near or adhere (stick) by physical force
- repel force something similarly magnetized or charged, away from itself
QuizletClick here for Magnetism concept cards: https://quizlet.com/_2q1dmy
Click here for Magnetism Vocabulary words: https://quizlet.com/_2q0xuy
RemindersDec. 21 Minimum Day, Dismissal @12:45, Winter Break
Dec. 22-Jan. 2 No School, Winter Break
Jan. 3 , 2018 School Resumes
Jan.12 Second Quarter Ends
Jan. 15 No School-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan. 16 Third Quarter Begins